Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jersey is Home


Sophie and I just got home from Utah!!! What a fun 10 days! Although we never saw each other we both has nonstop fun the entire time! 
I finally got to have a summer that a normal teenager would have (friends, crazy stupid things, and late nights) and Sophie loved seeing all of her cousins and friends! While we were there we both came to a huge realization that blood is thicker than water though! Although we loved seeing our friends we both agreed that we enjoyed being around our family most.  It also assured to us that Jersey is where we need to be. We both thought that the plane back to Jersey would feel like a vacation, considering the trip to Utah felt like we were going home, but it didn't. We both know and feel that Jersey is our home now.

My cute cousin Micaela got married while we were there!! I can believe how old we are getting! Super happy for her and her new husband Trajan!

While we were living it up in Utah my parents jumped right into missionary work! They were on Splits or exchanges almost every day we were gone. Not only did that help them get to know the missionaries better but they both loved actually teaching people.  They are practicing what they preach! We have more trainings this week. Which I am really excited about because I love learning to be a better missionary. Plus both my mom and dad are getting so much better at teaching.  They both seem really confident and the spirit is always there and you can tell.  

The new vision for this mission is make spiritual connections with the lord and people, and to do the will of the father.  

"Verily, verily, I say unto you this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;"      -3rd Nephi 27:21

My dad stresses this a lot to the missionaries. I think that we could all start being more like christ though. One of the missionaries today said "If we have the potential to become Gods one day, don't you think we should start acting more like God now?".  What a good point! Start becoming like Christ today! I know that if we do this our lives will change for the better, and you will also start changing others lives as well. 

Goodness we are all loving it out here. We all feel on top of the world! There is nothing that brings us more joy than missionary work. 

Sophie and I start school next week. I don't think that either of us really know how to feel. We are both excited but nervous, it is like going into the unknown. I'll keep you updated though! Wish us luck!!



No comments:

Post a Comment